Friday, November 16, 2012

November 2012 My Glam Bag by Ipsy Review!

Hey everyone!

I got my Glam Bag by Ipsy in today, and I've gotta say that I was really satisfied with this month's items. The Glam Bag is one of the most affordable beauty subscription services out there. November's theme was "Party Perfect". 

Here's a rundown of the things to know about My Glam Bag by Ipsy:
- $10/month including shipping (Canada - extra $4.95 for shipping)
- Receive 4-5 beauty products each month
- Ships to US and Canada only
- Shipped by USPS (for US shipping)
- Started by Michelle Phan
- Community participation with other Ipsters on the website
- No referral program

The unbagging!


This is the packaging the Glam Bag usually comes in. Pretty pink!



This month's collectible bag was a dark brown with a gold zipper (mine got stuck zipping up the inside of the bag),
and it also came with a $20 off coupon to JustFab which is a website that you can buy shoes and handbags off of, but it is tailored to your personal preferences.



The brands that were featured this month.



"Party Perfect" Glam Bag Items
From left to right:

Starlet Cosmetics - Eyeliner pencil in Black (the total absence of light), Nailtini - Nail Lacquer in Millionaire, Chella - Eyebrow Defining Gel in clear, BareMinerals - Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil, theBalm - Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali (Dark Purple)

Total Value: ~$47.50
(see individual prices below)



Starlet Cosmetic Eyeliner in Black (the total absence of light) - $11 (full sized):

I like eyeliner pencils actually. I was always in search of the perfect one that wouldn't smudge for me the whole day but the lady at Ulta seems to think that since I have hooded eyes, eyeliner pencils are just not for me. So I have long since given up the search. But I still like them, since they are the quickest to use. Although, last month's Be A Bombshell Eyeliner pen seems to work pretty quickly for me now too. Some of the pros about this pencil are that it goes on pretty smoothly and it goes dark as it should. A con though, is that it smudged pretty easily when I ran my finger across it. I would use it for a dinner party, but not as an all day pencil or to go clubbing.



Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire - $13.00 (full sized):

This is a really pretty nail polish. I am actually a sucker for glittery type nail polishes although Henry isn't very fond of them. I like the sparkle (as most females love the sparkly things in life). I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I will definitely update when I do! What do you guys think? Maybe a red underneath and then layer for a Holiday-ish feel?



Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel - $11.30 (0.12 fl oz sample)

I was content with getting this in my bag, just because I haven't tried or used an eyebrow gel in years... I would have been happy with either this or the mascara. I liked that they included an eyebrow gel since it's not a common item in these beauty subscription services, while mascara is. I'm a user of the BadGal Lash Mascara from Benefit but not the They're Real Beyond mascara, so that would have been fine to sample too. Anyway, Henry had just told me the night before that my eyebrow hairs were sticking up and down in different directions so maybe that was a sign. I was satisfied with my gel. I heard that other people's gels had been dried out or empty, so I was happy to see that mine wasn't (see picture). It goes on clear and did a great job of defining my eyebrows. I'm not sure if I would purchase it as a regular item though, as I'm a minimalist kind of girl, but maybe Henry is right about my eyebrows, so maybe I should. *Shrug*



BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil - $8.40 (0.07 fl oz sample)

I love this lipgloss! It is a bit of a darker color, so I wouldn't be able to wear it everyday. Well, I guess I could, but it's a bit fancy for class. We'll see. Maybe I can pull it off. Anyway, it has a tingly feel peppermint feel and taste to it (which I adore) and actually felt pretty moisturizing. Win!



theBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali (Dark Purple) - $3.89 (0.03 oz sample)

This is a dark purple matte shadow, although it looks like very dark gray or black when in the case. I was kind of disappointed to see that there seemed to be something like a fingerprint mark on it... not too noticeable but it seemed like someone just decided to take their pointer and use it as a fingerprint pad. This bothered me a bit at first, but I decided to just make do, so I sprayed it with alcohol and wiped off the top layer with a tissue.

My very first product cameo!

So I decided that since this is a beauty subscription bag review, the least I could do was take a picture of myself with the product on in case there are some people out there who want to see how these look on people with my skin tone. 

What I have on here is:
- Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in #27 (Honey Beige - only made in US) 
- Lancome Le Crayon Poudre in Sable
- Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel 
- Urban Decay Primer Potion 
- Hustle Eyeshadow from Naked Palette on my inner eyelids 
- theBalm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali on my outer eyelids
- Benefit BadGal Lash Mascara
- NARS Blush in Super Orgasm
- BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Dare Devil


Facing the vanity light.


Facing away from the vanity light.

Final Thoughts:

Really happy with this November's Glam Bag! After being disappointed that I couldn't use the lip bomb in last month's bag, I was happy to be able to put everything in this bag to good use. So far after receiving two months of My Glam Bag by Ipsy, I must say that I will continue my subscription until I'm too overwhelmed with makeup to continue. But since I don't have that much, I will probably be able to review a few more months for you, haha. If you're thinking about a beauty subscription service, this would be a good pick at $10 a month! You can also participate in the Ipsy community by watching videos, making videos, and they host a lot of giveaways every month usually featuring the product brand that they had in their bag for that month. This would also make a great gift! Although, they haven't come up with a gifting option yet, you can always contact Ipsy Customer Care to help with that.

I should be getting in BarkBox, PawBox, Loot Crate, College VoxBox from Influenster, and GlossyBox for this month, which I'm really excited to review, so watch out for those! I am also getting the PopSugar Must Have box, and the PopSugar Must Have Luxury Box in December (it's an extra treat since my birthday is on the 31st - New Year's Eve). ^^ There's also a PopSugar Must Have Luxury Box for Him currently, but there is only 552 left out of a 1000 at the moment, so if you are really interested in getting some cool stuff in for your man and you've got $100 to spend, go for it!

If you'd like to get updates on my reviews, please visit my facebook page to "like" me or add me on twitter! Or subscribe to my blog! I'm just starting this blog as a hobby, so I would love feedback on how I'm doing! :)

Thanks for reading! <3

TheRxNina

No comments:

Post a Comment